Sunday 11 August 2013

So What's For Breakfast.


Well it's a beautiful humid hot day and today we are off to Hiroko and Ken's country house which is  200 km west of  Yokohama to escape city life and the summer heatwave for the next 4 days. 
Breakfast this morning was a traditional Japanese breakfast, sort of the same as yesterdays lunch and dinner but with out the raw fish and the beer. But I'm sure if I wanted beer it would have been there as Hiriko would bend over backwards for the Neill family after all that they did for her when she was a exchange student in Australia back in 1968.
Mind you it is still a bit embarrassing at times as we just can't pay for anything, the cab driver was discretely  payed when we arrived yesterday, no money seamed to changed hands so not sure how that all happened...and if you know me I don't like to not pay my fair share ... BUT I will just have to deal with that and see what I can do to help out someway as the week progresses.

Well back to breakfast and I did say there was no raw fish for breakfast but there were little fish about 1/2 the length  of a match with 2 big black spots
 " eyes " looking at you and floating by the 100's in the hot, salty and strangely fishy breakfast soup, Hmmmm .... Interesting and at breakfast.... but that's different cultures for you and I'm loving all the different flavours and foods... Well mostly that is ... The fishy soup and could take or leave and the fermented soybeans are just as awful, smelly and slimy as they were 10 years ago so that's a big NO thanks at breakfast. Theres something strange about eating something that really looks and smells off that is a bit of a challenge....
But as for the rest of the tastes so far big winners...
So now humming to a great 80's tune ...
I think I'm turning Japenese, I think I'm turning Japenese I really think so......dar da da da da

No comments:

Post a Comment