Wednesday 6 July 2016

We have arrived into Tasmania


We have arrived into Tassie for another bite (pun intended) of our segmented food gap year, having completed 6 fantastic months in Italy over the past few years and now this 3 weeks in Tassie will add some much needed variety for Sandy’s up and coming cook book.

I keep putting it out there and one day it will happen. However I’m thinking that we may have to do the full 12months RD to have complete material for the book J J

After a couple of days to chill out and the weather down here is certainty cold and wet enough for that chilling process I have worked out how to blog again, well with lots of help from a little friend. This time perhaps a little more high teck as I have my computer with spell check and not Sandy’s I pad with its “predictive text”. Sooooo here’s hoping what I write is what you get and what I actually mean!!

They say you can teach old dogs new tricks but as I’m get older I’m more in need of regular retraining I think the memory retention is a bittttt rusty when it come to the magical world of technology.

Leaving Tamworth Sunday we bumped into Costa at the airport he had been at Bingara for the Orange Festival and also the 80th anniversary of their Greek cafĂ©. For those who don’t know Costa, he is the delightful hairy garden guru from Gardening Australia. We first meet Costa some 4 years ago when he stayed with us as part of a sustainable expo in Tamworth.  As soon as her saw me he said that he remembered me as the guy with the great pumpkin patch which he tells everyone about … So cool … my pumpkins patch is famous, well at least in his eyes as well as mine.

 Stayed in Sydney Sunday night and it was a great opportunity to catch up with Peter and Yvonne now that they have moved so close to the airport, thanks for a fab dinner Yvonne and as usual the great company … where have those 30 years gone.

 Our 1.5 hour flight on Monday from Sydney to Hobart was smooth as. We landed, went to pick up our hire car and as we were a bit early they didn’t want us waiting around in the cold and wet they kindly up graded us J (good upgrade this time and not a Sherman Tank).

Quickly heading north to Launceston for the start of our next culinary adventures, or so we thought!

The hour we made up was quickly spent driving around and around enjoying the rainy scenery that Tassy has to offer! From the airport via Richmond and then back to the airport again, somehow we got aaaaaaa little bit lost. With no Gloria to help us out we ended up then driving south via Hobart, finally stumbled on the A1 heading north to Launceston.

Never thought I would say this after spending 6 challenging months in Italy with Gloria Princess Storker our trusty GPS we are missing her already in Tassie!!

 So let’s see what trouble we can make for the unsuspecting people of Tassie!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment