Monday 23 December 2019

Arriving into Sri Lanka



7am Monday 23rd December after traveling just over 1000 (naughty miles! … what happens at sea stays at sea) or is that nautical miles across from Thailand on the Andaman Sea into the Bay of Bengal the Indian ocean. Having had 2 relaxing sea days, I have had ample time to read my book A Passage to India, just thought it was a very appropriate name for a book under the sailing geographical circumstances. Hummmm now there is an interesting book from a 1924, WOW how old-fashioned. For the first 100 pages I found it very confronting, sexist and raciest and hard to read. The treatment of Indians by a so called well-meaning superior race, I had to continues to see the book through and as we are to arrive into India tomorrow, I wanted to have the book done and dusted … I will now take with me an excepting open (English descendent) mind of the people of India. The book did eventually have some love and understanding but for me a hard read. 


Have joined the ships choir where we .. yes we .. my beautiful Sandy decided it would be fun to be part of a choir that will perform as the backup act on Christmas Day to about 1000 hopefully well wasted people after a boozy Christmas lunch on the main stage on the ship’s auditorium. Watch this space for a pic and just know that we will be singing our hearts out to all our family and friends all over the world. RIP 2019 Aunty Barb, Beryl, James and Aunty Carmel.



That has filled in a few hours and I was still looking for more ways to express my true talents … So joined a “Flash Mob” now were talking shy retired little old Pete. The rehearsals to date have been a hoot sooooo much fun, and I’m sure that Sandy will download the whole event once it unfolds.
10 people dont make a mob so heres hoping tomorrow we get more mobbers!



4 comments:

  1. Watch this space alright !!! Sounds exciting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guys, it was fun and sandy will post it on UTUBE as the worlds best ATTEMPT at a flash mob!

      Delete
  2. Go Pete can't wait to see the final performance!!

    ReplyDelete