Wednesday 15 May 2013

Auto Gratuity

Got to love the word Auto Gratuity. A great on board word and it's not a word that us Aussie are used to! On the ship all your dockets when you get a drink or book a "speciality restaurants" have this 15% extra Auto Gratuity so nothing ever costs what you think it will cost. The assumption is that you will be automatically grateful! Sure I'm grateful for what they are going to do! But am I "automatically grateful" apparently I will BE!!!! Other great words that we have found on dry land are Servizio 12to 15% and these little suckers arrive on your bill at the end of a meal. Oh and Coperto because you sat at the table in the first place and it has a table cloth or the fact that they have music can cost again more € and then they look at you for a tip also. All that and the fact that our $ is worth 25% less than the € going out for a meal can be so complicated. I'm mostly grateful "automatically"or some times not. But I'm having a ball.

1 comment:

  1. Dont you love that auto gratuity....kills me on every bill I signed on the ship!
    Mark & Joni

    We miss you guys already! : D

    ReplyDelete