Wednesday 8 May 2013

Monday Corfu in Greece



Clocks changed by 1 hour over night once we got in the the waters off Greece.
It 5.30pm Monday and in Australia it 12.30 am Tuesday morning so 7 hour difference. Today started of after mourning at 7am this morning. It was cool and wet yesterday at sea and today we woke to a 23deg slightly overcast but it cleared to beautiful clear sky by mid morning. Again today we have opted to do our own thing and make our way off the ship catch a local bus for 1.50€ into the old town. The rest of the bus went into the old town and we went the other direction followed the coast walk around to see what we could find.
Greece's economy is really suffering and the non tourist are sure unloved and dirty. But when you look over that we did manage to see some interesting areas. Did a self tour of 1 of the 2 fort castle and it was hmmmm a bit lame and so unkeeped that we opted out and wandered back into the old city. Little street and we found our selves at a christening as you do the old church only seethed about 50 people and was lined with gold. It was a little girls christening and the pink balloons that adorned the entrance we so cute we left them to their personal time and wondered on. Sandy found another fun necklace and matching earrings so that 3 necklaces and 2sets of earrings hmmm I'd better start looking for some shoes and shirts before the € run out!!!! We make our way back to a no tourist restaurant over looking the water with views back over the main land of Greece the sail boats are out in force. We order a Greek  salad (our 1st Greek salad and want a place to have it)as a starter to share, it came with 3 large pieces of feta that was so strong and tasty with the best tomato, cucumber, red onion, green capsicum and  black olives all with a olive oil and pepper dressing Yum Yum and than we have to try the lobster spaghetti  2small cut in 1/2 lobsters roasted and sitting on a spaghetti with a tomato and sweet capsicum sauce topped off with a local dry white little 500 ml bottle. No point trying to write the name of the wine down as it was all in traditional Greek writing, wont be able to get it back home! 
So all in all a great lunch. Well except for the threesome that I seamed to get myself into with a local couple that were sitting behind me at lunch, personal space guys, Please! Like everywhere personal space is a non existent. They were so close behind me and as they were starting to get into it I felt as though I was right in the middle, I giggled at  Sandy and I think they got the hint!!! Will be going for a lighter dinner option tonight and just the 2 of us! I left my new friends to it at lunch, I know it is cruel to leave them after only one date, But they just weren't my type!
Sailing away for the port on our deck with a lemon-cello and ice that we smuggled on board in Venice and Peter G you were right this time they put our today wine purchases in storage until we dock next Saturday. Spoil sports. Today's "border control" guys weren't the smiley ones from the other day! 
No harm in trying so we will have some Greek wine to enjoy back in Venice.
No I Pad service again tonight so I will try to post later.
Ciao Ciao in my best greek accent,as their word for goodby  I can't even spell let along say!

No comments:

Post a Comment