Saturday 29 June 2013

Cavolfiore A New Veggie For Me


Cavolfiore is a cross between broccoli and cauliflower.
It is lime green and instead of being round like a broccoli and cauliflower it is more peaked in the main centre. It is pretty as it has many floweretts about the size of a golf ball also peaked to form the large main head.
I managed to get some seeds in Roma  and have been seeing them at all the food markets, but to date I have not had the opportunity to try some.
So hope I like them..

I also got seed for indiva Scarola, pepperoni, Carciofo, artichokes and agretto.

All with English translation on them so hoping I can get them back into Australia. 

When we last travelled some seeds were taken at the airport to protect our environment but the customs officers said that if they are sealed and have English on them they can look them up in their books to see if they are acceptable to be bought into our country, so here's hoping......... As it will be coming on to spring back home, 
so that will be fun to experimenting with them in my veggie garden. 
My second spring for 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment