Wednesday 1 January 2020

Before we left the port of Goa


for our market tour, I had about an hour to kill so I ducked off the ship and headed for the hills to get some pic of our ship docked in the harbor and to see what little local adventures I could find for myself. As I walked up the hill with sweat easily finding me, I come across a couple of Indians’ on their holiday in a cute little guest house and the ships presents in the harbor was their morning entertainment, well until I came and sat for a chat.


Back down the hill past the local huts and tents with people going about there every day chores. Bathing from buckets while wrapped in loin cloths as the facility are communal facility and outdoors. One soon is humbled into how some people’s lives are lived in some of these very poor areas. These maybe rural slums with no sanitation, but these people are lucky here as it is more in the country so there is green space for growing their own fruit & vegetables and being able to fish from a clean-ish sea. 



The word Palace takes on a whole new meaning here in the Port of Goa.




An old man waking from his sleep and what appears to be his under cover sleeping location on the front of this abandon building.



So, after my walk it’s back to our room to have a quick privileged shower and then we left the port of Goa in a local bus which was organised for our small group and headed north 1 hour to check out the scenes prior to our arrival into the fish markets. And yes, as I said “stinky Poooo’s” it was!! But not as bad as the smells in Morocco fish markets last year so here I rate it at about 85% “stinky Poooo’s” on the Pete’s stinky meter! Here I didn’t need any orange essences. As well as the markets today was so about the people again, so many beautiful and friendly people who all wanted you to take their picture and show it back to them so I was able to get some great shots.




No comments:

Post a Comment