Wednesday 24 September 2014

Prickly Pears

Walking to the pool, dining and the kitchen school area of the masseria from our little cave over a dusty white dirt road you feel like you are in Mexico, yep sounds strange but the limestone outcrops and the building style as we'll as the vegetation is what I would imagine.
Hmmmm I can feel another trip hatching but if it is as hot and humid as it is here I maybe well doing it by myself!!! Cooking school or no cooking schools.

This area is covered with Prickly Pears and they are also huge, section of the leaves are used as a decorative lining the exterior white walls of the masseria.
This morning I had some for breakfast.... well to me they are like a very soft Nassy Pear will millions of small seeds.
In the words of Kath & Kim ... Nice ... Unusual ... Different ... So been there ... done that and got the picture.





1 comment: