Thursday 5 July 2018

Pete Makes Tattie Scones

So now I'm going to try to make the Tattie Scones that I had been enjoying for breakfast before we hit the island.
Can't be that hard ... famous last words.
 1st attempt,  the potato was too moist not enough flour Pete, here's me thinking its like a Italian gnocchi light on the flour.
Wrong you need more flour to make it more sconey/bready 
 But now with more flour added and not too bad a result for my 1st attempt ...  with the addition for Sandy's cheesy mushroom as a side. Scrum.
 
 Winning lunch with a drop of red
Before I head for another island walk.

We are staying at the small settlement of Toberoncky with 37 houses, 1/2 not lived in the rest with mostly 1 but somtimes two people.
Today I will do the south trail.
Rural farm land with mostly cattle and great view to the ocean all round.  
 A few cute little sheep and loads of dry stone walls.
 A Scottish drought ... I know in our region back home we are in the midst of another huge drought and my heart goes out to our Australian farmers.
Here in Scotland with the hottest summer in over 30 years (information from Pat at No. 19) they too are in "what they call a drought" no rain for the month, ponds drying up ... but still so green and the cattle have grass to graze on.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment