Sunday 15 July 2018

Scotch Tasting

We are now located on the coastline between Inverness to Fraserburge where we have set up camp for the next week or so.
 It's the Malt Country ... so a day out tasting some
scotch and eating some seafood.
Great sign!
Nice drop, warms the cockles of yar Scottish heart.
 With great friends, James my Scotch drinking mate and well Gail our Scotch virgin is taking to it like a duck to water.
 Bill they were all amazing, never tried some of these more exotic drops, so today is our lucky day.
"TAXI"
The second bottle was my favourite, not for sale for a few more weeks but we got a pre tasting.
Aged in a Cabernet barrel """ STUNNING""" 
The Madeira and Port barrels also fabulous.
Wow ... this has opened up a whole new flavour profile to be explored.
Bill a 1962 for you and a 1963 for me.
Sadly not for sale they are apparently their "antique bottles"
 for show only.
Well all this from a 18 year old lassie doing our Scotch tastings
... Ouch ...
You are I are apparently now classified as "antique"!





 

4 comments:

  1. You sure you can't get them to change their minds? You do know that I was also born in 1963? albeit earlier. Could we offer them a bottle of Cradle Mountain? Just a sec, not sure I want to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my old friend I do know that you are a 1963 model also but "you" are WAY closer to the 62 year than "I" so I thought we could compare the years!
      Always great to have younger friends! xx

      Delete
  2. Oooooo now I really want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be good and you never know what Santa's little helper may stash in his sleigh!

      Delete