Friday 10 October 2014

A Holiday From Our Working Cooking Holiday !!!

Over the last few weeks we have been staying in many a agrotourisum, some great value for money some not so, but all have been great a southern Italian food experience for cooking and getting to see the grass roots.
Place range from €100 to € 150 Dinner bed and breakfast so $144 to $216 so great value for money considering that also included some local wines.

Stand back the pamperdors need a bit of spoiling and a bit of restaurant style of  food is NOW oh so needed. We need to experience the other side of Italy so Sandy found a great little boutique hotel on the lake above Naples on the west coast and 1/2 way to Roma, so in the Lazio Food Region.

Lido di Latina is the area hmmmm it's just looked so beautiful on the wed site all decked out in white including all the staff and looked like a fabulous place to chill for 4 nights.

I park the Merc out of site ... not helpful when you are trying to do a deal, I go in in I'm my shabbiest cloths with my Aussie hat on to see weather we will stay or not. The moment I saw it for real I knew that we WILL be staying here but at what cost....

I walk to the desk and a young Italian lady with great English informed me that they only have the suite left when we arrive. I wanted to check the place out prior to booking on line as what you see on an Italian web site is not alway what you may get!!!!
I said that it would be out of our budget being an Aussie with our exchange rate but she insisted that we look at the suite and we could talk € later. So what can it hurt a look inside. We wander up the grand sweeping white marble stair case to the 1st floor as I'm still a bit thingie with the elevators. The room is spectacular with a huge balcony overlooking the lake, a free shuttle to the beach with our own beach chairs, towels and umbrella. Fantastic Im thinking to my self we will take it but ....
So how much actually is it.

Dear sir please we shan't discuss money here not until you see the private under ground heated pool and Turkish steam room which is also included in the price.
S--t I'm going to have to get a second loan on our house to afford it... And it also come with breakfast.
I say again that we are on a budget once we get back from the tour and to the front desk and she tells me she will see what she can do ........ so for you normally € 500
but I can do € 450 a night !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thank her and start to make an escape but today for you sir it's getting near the end of the season and it is our last room how is € 250 hmmmm interesting, so if we stay 4 nights .... I can than drop it for you to € 200 a night, so now your talking sweetheart book us in, It can be a early birthday present.

It was amazing and I will let the pictures tell the the rest of the story as I'm heading to the beach.
http://www.ilsanfrancescohotel.it






1 comment: