Thursday 16 October 2014

A Reward For Pepe

After each truffle find of which over the several hours there were quite a few totalling about 700 grams of the white truffle so not a bad days work, Pepe would get a huge cuddle and a doggie treat from Dorriano's pocket.
By the end of the day I too was hugging Pepe and giving him doggie treats.....

As they say what goes up must come down, what goes in must come out. So after 6 hours of climbing up and up into the mountains and going deeper and deeper into the forrest it's time to head back to the 4 wheel drive.
By this point in the "boot camp survival course" I was getting exhausted and for once I was the one lagging behind a very very fit Dorriano. He told me that he runs 18 km every two days which takes him about 2&1/2 hours, so thankfully he was even getting exhausted so I said Busta Busta which means enough enough so we started to make our way out of the forrest.

Hmmmm as we had walked, climbed, crawled and slide so far in to the forrest as Dorriano was so excited to have me with him and he'd said ... I'ts good ... It's good ...your strong ... we keep going ???
And me not wanting the experience to finish would say .... see see its Ok see see....
So by this point in the day we were still 2 hours on foot away from the 4 wheel drive and I think Dorriano look at me and rang for the help of his son who arrived with his 4 wheel drive to save both our old tied bodies.

Dorriano how can I ever thank you for such a fantastic and unique experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment