Thursday 7 September 2017

La Tavola Marche to Prato degli Angeli

Double cheek kisses from Doriano as we go past his factory on the outskirts of Piobbico and drop of some of the weekends preserves and confit as well as my truffling gear for when we return in November, Truffling Season.
Last time I was very unprepared for the hard core truffling, I managed to squeeze into a pair of Dorriano camouflage pants but it was the gum boots that bought me unstuck. Being no Cinderella they just were to small ... several hours wandering the hills and sore feet later but still a big smile from ear to ear ... so this time I'm prepared with thick winter socks and my size gumboots + my very first pair of camouflage pants all to be left here in Italy just in case I may need them in the future.
Yes Pete in army colours!!!! who'd have thought, so their will have to be a bit of a twist so watch this space.
Over the past few days I have been able to get to know Dorriano a bit better with the help Google translate and found out that he is a 15% share holder in the company and head of sales.
They manufacture large S/S water purifying equipment for one of two major companies in the world.

Leaving La Marche heading to Prato degli Angeli in the food region of Emilia Romagna.
We traveling 240 km northwest and the first hour through the mountains before we hit some highways so 36 km done in about an hour slow and very curvy roads. Again a very pretty drive getting greener because of the mountains until we come out in to the dry plains of Emilia Romagna the food bowl of Italy the home of Mortadella Bologna IGP, Parmigiano Reggiano DOP, Aceto Balsamico DOP to name a few and of course the traditional home of Spaghetti Bolognaise.


2 comments: