Thursday 28 September 2017

Loose Sherry

The local Spanish food markets are great places to get your daily bread, but is also a great place for tourist Sandy and Pete to get thy daily Sherry! as they say when in Spain … or is that Rome! anyway after a few glasses let’s not get to geographical!
 
Pedro Ximenez by the litre … simply heaven and in easy accessible stainless steel, how convenient.
 


 
For my non-sherry drinking blog readers, yes! … sad I know, there are people out in blog world that are yet to experience some of the delights of the palette, but who doesn’t like sherry, it so versatile. After my sherry and food paring day the other day … now I’m sooooo learn er ed ( hmmm can’t spell it … but someone will correct my spelling via the comments )

 
“Pedro” or if we were to translate that it would be “Pete”, so “Pedro” being nothing like his name sake! is sweet, with intense raisin flavours, is syrupy and a little bit moreish…  and at 4.90 E a litre a true bargain.
 
Now Moscatel a grape that I haven’t head of since I was a kid, well our wonderful assistant guided us to blend both sherry’s 50/50 wow what a blend … 2 happy tourists.  


 


1 comment: