Wednesday 30 May 2018

Hugo ... Pronounced Ooogo

 
 The trendy northern drink this season in Italy is” Hugo” or as the Venetians say “Oogo”. Apparently! we are just so crass how us Aussies pronounce the letter H, for the Venetian is a softer Ooo … whatever! just pour me another and I’m sure I will start to soften my “H’s” as the evening progresses. Then I think I will be speaking like a real Venetian (I’sss ave oonother Ooooogo prefarvory) So it’s made with Prosecco, Menta (mint leaves) and Sambuco, but not Sambuca as I thought it was … this is Italian Sambuco a sweet syrup made from elderflowers. Soooooo easey to drink. Lorna also had discovered Hugo on her backroads tour through Tuscany and when we picked her up from her tour the rest of her new bus friends just couldn’t wait to tell us that Lorna has meet Hugo!!!! So, when I told her we too have been introduced to Hugo we are headed for the 1st bar to welcome Lorna to Venice!
 
 
  Great bar snakes
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Very disappointing only 1.7 ml of rain, i'll have a tray full of those ooooogo's they look nice and wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a tray for me thanks 🍾

    ReplyDelete