Monday 21 May 2018

Limoncello and Pastries Class

 and introducing my new best friend Fennel-Flower-Cello.
Cute holiday nails Sands.
Todays cooking class we started! at the end! with a digestive and what a great way to start or should I say finish before you even get started, got that hmmm!!
Two of those glasses ... well perhaps a sneaky third! and I'm not driving even my little Sardinian rust bucket anywhere. 



 Follow these Italian instruction and drink responsibly!!

     
We arrived at the Agritourismo to be greeted by Maria, Rita will be sharing some of her secrets today. 


According to Rita all you need is a traditional grandmother, years of practise and Sardinian food is then quite simple.
So I found a Sardinian grandmother in their kitchen so we will be taking her home in our suitcase and the rest will be apparently simple.
 
 
We followed the "booze up" with making pastries, today I'm cool with that as I wouldn't want to be using a sharp knife till much later anyway, what only one each! nope all good, have some stashed in the trusty rust bucket in the car park.
 
 
Starting at the top Amaretti, Soseiros sweet balls of almond and honey rolled in sugar in the paper cups (simular style to Morocco) 
Well we are just across the Meditterrian from Africa so we are noticing some similarities in the deserts.
Beautiful fruit biscuit/cake and finally Meringues with a surprising filling of slivered almonds.
These little treasures are soon to be available back @ The Retreat.
Insert my helpful little picture, knew when I saw it, it would come in handy.

  

 
 

1 comment: