Sunday 21 July 2013

It's The Fast Train To Paris

Well it's goodbye to Italy and hello to good old gay Pariè, but the food journey will not finish in Italy it will have to continue as we do have 4 cooking lesson already planed in Paris followed by some in London and then in Japan on our final leg home. OMG " home " now that's a dirty word ! How will I be able to cope! The train is so fast, we are traveling on the TGV from Torino to Paris at up to 300 km per hour but it will still take around 6 hours as there are loads of stops. I'm sitting backwards looking away from what oncoming, it is easier to focus on what's gone and away in the far distance than up to close to the train as it whips past. We thought it is a good chance to see some country side rather than flying. We leave Torino at 11am and as we are only 60 km from the French boarder it is not long till we are in another country. The country side changes from the big city and soon into farmlands and houses with front and back gardens. We are weaving our way thought the alps and we can still see some of the Swiss and Italian snow capped mountains on the northern horizon. The train is quite and smooth considering the speed. I rearrange some thing in my back pac and as I sit back down I hear a big rip... I did say I was travelling with old clothes so I could drop some as needed and buy some new. Well I still haven't quite got totally around to getting new jeans and if you remember I did give away my better pair to my man in Torino " now that not Karma " surely!! I get some French beer to console the situation called Knonenbourg 1664 and also to go with the lunch time train food and well what can I say " Train Food " it certainly is not part of the food journey that we have become used too... it is no different to train food anywhere in the world, they must go to a Train Food School to create such crap food!!! Come on Pete don't hold back, tell us exactly how you feel.... Cause seriously how difficult is it to make 1/2 decent food. So the beer goes down great and the train food well... if I could open a window that's where it would end up. Peter Moore you have become even more a food snob over the past couple of months and my palette is now so spoiled even more than ever..... So sit back and catch up on the blog and we will certainly look forward to dinner in Paris tonight. .... Dinner in Pariè tonight .... doesn't that just slip of the tongue ....

1 comment:

  1. We will let you know about the food after we come back from the Ghan

    ReplyDelete