Friday 29 June 2018

Tattie Scones Part 1

We are at Heather House in Callander a cute little 2 room B&B
just newly opened.
 


from my window I can see.


Our breakfast table set ready everyday for our Scottish Breakfast.
 


 Day one the traditional BIG Scottish Breakfast and as you could imagine calories, cooked blood and offal on a plate!
One doesn't need a picture of that, I'm sure you can see it at any truckie stop the world over. 
It was Scottish Stunning and I simply loved it!! must be my truckie alto ego coming out, but one per month should be my limit ...
well maybe two then.

Day two smoked salmon and scrambled eggs ... fantastic Scottish Smoked Salmon from the cool waters that surround this quaint little village.

 


(but dry crumbly and boring scrambled eggs!!!!)
Really Pete did you just write that.
Yes the typical untrained scrambled egg cooking style ...
Milk and cream to make them fluffy but when you overcook them it doesn't make any difference how much milk and cream one adds.

Hmmmm when asked by my new to the breakfast cooking trade host what I thought of the eggs I just had to say ...
Not as good as Sandy's, subtle Pete, good on ya!..
Well she did ask and as we have one more breakfast still to come that was to feature her scramble eggs it was my mouths duty to talk on behalf of my taste buds. 

So day three Sandy's is in the kitchen teaching our host her scrambled egg secrets for light moist fluffy scrambled eggs.
  (Sandy learned from Michel Roux when we started doing breakfasts @ The Retreat) ... but with one condition that our host shares her Tattie scones recipe, the one we had on day one, it was amazing.






slow and steady over a very low heat



and with some of Sandy dukka that she travels with (as you do)

 
 But even my Sand's can't fix a pale none grass feed chicken egg.

2 comments:

  1. Moist fluffy scrambled egg.... delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ And now Sands has their Tattie scone recipe win win๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete