Saturday 21 April 2018

Dinner Out

Tonight it's dinner out at a local restaurant just 20m from our front door and recommended by the hotel. Don't want to venture out too far tonight we have 8 days here in Essaouira but will be moving 3 times because of room shortages. But hey that suits us, dirty one set of sheets and move on I say!!!.

Coriander Mojito by candle light great way to start.


Octopus cream with beetroot nice little thankyou from the chef to start.
 

 All afternoon I could smell BBQ calamari wafting in from the kitchens down stairs, so maybe it was my altera motive to go to this restaurant. I wanted right or wrong BBQ calamari so that was our shared starter and it was ..... yumooooo as good as it smelt.

 
 Sandy the John Dory with a Thai inspired Moroccan fusion thing happening.

  
And for me the Blanquette of Monkfish.
Had no idea what a Blanquette was but ....

 I had Monkfish for the first time last year in the south of Italy and when I saw it on the menu well it had my name written all over it.
It is the meatiest fish I have ever eaten.

And well a Blanquette is French dish with champion and cream.

 
There is a huge French influence here but that's for another blog.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me seafood heaven, my mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is seafood heaven and the Calamari was just so good that we went back the next night for a bottle of wine and just the calamari.

    ReplyDelete