Sunday 8 April 2018

"Gospel According to Google"


After the calming 2 hour bus transfer with Japanese music playing from the airport and a 15min cab ride to "The Scene" in Shin Yokahama our Japanese hotel.
 
We are tide from the long day and oh so looking forward to a nice comfy bed and the Arty Hotel that I have been soooo looking forward to as per the amazing pictures on the internet
"Gospel According to Google" 
 
 
Well the room was just way too hideous that my tied eyes couldn't even believe that you could put pastel pink, a dash of violet with shades of beige and rockmelon with a touch of apricot then throw in a red lounge and still think it all works  ... Well nope, trust me I was in designer meltdown and my heart sank.
 
I just have to re visit the little man in the reception cubical down stairs and plead my case. I'm here for 5 nights and I think that I will be violently sick if I have to be in that room, it's just plan "ugly" and not what we had been lead to imagine it would be like.
 
Soooooo how does one do this with the utmost respect for the Japanese culture and beautifully respectful people that had delivered us to this back ally location. Granted we are in the Love Hotel district where they do actually rent the rooms as "just for a while with a smile" to stay the night and  rest in style.
 
Sometimes ... yes I know it's hard to believe I'm not always know for my tact! so I will have to dig deep, real real deep to find the right words, well actions as the little man in the reception cubical was not to good with the old English lingo.
 
Whala - enter stage right tall Aussie guy, day 3 on the job so he come up and had a look at our room and well he almost heaved, yep its IS hideous, I'm so sorry...
We do have a solution and all will be solved tomorrow, tonight is not possible as it's Friday night so there is a lot of coming! and goings!
Rest assured sir, with your eyes closed, that I will organise to have you upgraded to a room that is like what we actually did see on the internet when first you Googled.
 
We are apparently the only guest that have stayed sooooo long, well at the same time, I'm sure that some ladies of the night call this their second home!!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. doesn't sound like you Pete. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Peter Moore you have had me in fits of laughter. Your friends in Japan did try to prepare you for your hotel visit. Hope you managed to keep your eyes closed for the night and moved to another room for the remainder of your stay. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a story, but love traveling so have to put up with a bit of designer meltdown and hard beds at times

    ReplyDelete